Saturday, July 16, 2011

Selfportrait

Selfportrait by iresfurtado
Selfportrait, a photo by iresfurtado on Flickr.

I have been moderating the Self-Portrait With Camera group for several years now. The person who created the group, rougerouge, apparently made many members of the group administrators and when he stopped moderating (for whatever reason), the task somehow fell to me. Or perhaps I just decided to take over when no one else was doing anything. In any event, I've been doing it for the past several years, with some help from rod murrow, who offered to help several years ago. (Thanks, Rod!)

This particular photo is pretty representative of the bulk of the photos in the pool. While many are shot with the intent of being clever, or shot in unusual places or in unusual shiny objects, this straight-ahead, point-the-camera-at-the-mirror-and-shoot self-portrait dominates the pool. So, I guess it's fitting that this photo is the 30,000th photo in the pool.

(I wish that the photographer hadn't flipped the image to right readin, but... c'est la vie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment